Spring Semester 2017 Schedule
January 23– May 5, 2017
Registrations/Tuition due by January 28
Drop/Add Period Ends February 3
This schedule is subject to change.
NOTE: All courses are two credit hours unless otherwise noted.
Briarwood Presbyterian Church (Unless otherwise noted)
Click on course title for syllabus
|ST3531||Systematic Theology VI (Eschatology/End Times) *Available by video conference. Contact the BTS office for details.||Dr. Jay Haley||Jan. 5-7||8:00am-5:00pm||A201|
|PT5733||Leadership Dev. & Deployment *Available by video conference. Contact the BTS office for details.||Rev. Larry Cockrell||Jan. 12-14||8:00am-5:00pm||W203|
|OT1022||Old Testament II (Historical books & Prophets)||Rev. Kuna Griggs||Mon||6:00-8:00am||A201|
|BC7617||Biblical Counseling & the Law (1)||Mr. Glenn Waddell||Mon||5:30-7:30pm||A201|
|NT2012||Beginning Greek II||Mr. Bruce Horsley||Mon||5:30-7:30pm||A202|
|ST3528||Systematic Theology III (Study of Christ) *Available by video conference. Contact the BTS office for details.||Dr. Jay Haley||Mon||5:30-7:30pm||A209|
|BC7502||Counseling in the Local Church I (2)||Dr. Larry Dozier||Mon||6:30-8:30pm||AWM|
|PT5602||Biblical Principles of Christian Education||Dr. Dave Matthews||Mon||7:30-9:30pm||A201|
|PT5531||Christian Workers Personal Life||Dr. Jay Haley||Mon||7:30-9:30pm||A209|
|BC7505||Advanced Biblical Counseling (1)||Dr. Larry Dozier||Tue||5:30-7:30pm||A201|
|AP8532||Contemporary Cults||Rev. Clete Hux||Tue||5:30-7:30pm||A202|
|NT2525||New Testament Theology||Rev. George Shamblin||Tue||5:30-7:30pm||A209|
|BC7630||Marriage & Family Counseling (3)||Dr. Lou Priolo||Tue||6:15-8:30pm||VBC|
|HT4742||Baptist Church History||Rev. Justin Glenn||Tue||7:30-9:30pm||A209|
|NT2023||New Testament II||Dr. Richard Trucks||Tue||7:30-9:30pm||A201|
|NT2012||Beginning Greek II||Mr. Bill Stroup||Wed||6:00-8:00am||A201|
|OT1022||Old Testament II (Historical books & Prophets)||Dr. Frank Barker Jr.||Wed||5:30-7:30pm||W203|
|PT5637||Personal Evangelism (4)||Dr. F. Barker/Mr. Allison||Wed||6:30-9:30pm||F HALL|
|BC7755||Counseling in the Local Church II (5)||Dr. Howard Eyrich||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||A209|
|ST3527||Systematic Theology II (Study of Man) *Available by video conference. Contact the BTS office for details.||Rev. Robert Alexander||Thu||9:00-11:00am||A201|
|PT5524||Ministry of the Word II (1)||Dr. Michael Reese||Thu||9:00-11:00am||A202|
|PT5527||Communication I||Dr. Jim Maples||Thu||5:30-7:30pm||A209|
|ST3550||Bible Interpretation||Dr. Thad James, Jr.||Thu||5:30-7:30pm||A201|
|ST3527||Systematic Theology II (Study of Man) *Available by video conference. Contact the BTS office for details.||Dr. Jim Maples||Thu||7:30-9:30pm||A209|
|NT2023||New Testament II (Romans-Revelation)||Rev. Mike Jones||Fri||6:00-8:00am||A201|
|PT7803||Clinical Writing/Final Project (6)||Rev. Larry Cockrell|
|DM9101/PT5800||Church Revitalization (6)||Dr. Harry Reeder III||Jan. 19-22||F Hall|
|DM9104||Caring and Curing of Souls (8)||Dr. Eyrich/Dr. Blackmon||Jan. 26-28||see schedule below||A202/201|
|DM9120||Research and Design (9)||Dr. Thad James, Jr.||Jan. 12-13||9:00am-4:00pm||A201|
|Logos||Logos Bible Software Training Seminar (10)||Dr. Thad James, Jr.||Feb. 11||8:30-12:30pm||A201|
1. Introduction to Biblical Counseling is a prerequisite for these courses. Minsitry of the Word I is a prerequisite for Ministry of the Word II.
2. AWM – BC7502 Counseling in the Local Church I will meet at Agape Worship Ministries. 327 Robison Dr., 35211.
3. VBC – BC7630 Marriage & Family Counseling will meet at Valleydale Baptist Church. 2324 Valleydale Rd., 35244. Class begin on January 10.
4. PT5637 Personal Evangelism will begin on January 11. BTS students must register with the Briarwood Evangelism Ministry (contact firstname.lastname@example.org at 776-5301 or email@example.com) and submit a registration form to the seminary.
5. BC7755 Counseling in the Local Church II will begin on January 11. Counseling in the Local Church I is a prerequisite.
6. PT7803 Master of Arts in Ministry students seeking to graduate in May must register for the 4 hour Clinical Writing/Final Project.
7. DM9101/PT5800 students must pre-regisiter with the Church Revitalization office (776-5399 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and submit a BTS registration form.
8. DM9104 will meet on January 26-28. Orientation will be at the beginning of the first class. 26th (5pm-9pm Room A202), 27 (8am-9pm), 28 (8am-5pm Room A201). Please contact the seminary office for details 205-776-5356.
9. DM9120 will meet Jan. 12-13 for the initial orientation for the new cohort. Please contact the seminary office for details 205-776-5356.
10. Logos Bible Software Training will meet on Feb. 11 from 8:30am-12:30pm. Students must register by Feb. 3rd. The cost for training is $50. Students must have the Logos Bible Software loaded on their laptops. Students who have previously attended may return for a refresher at no cost, but must register in advance. Please see the BTS Newsletter for additional details. This is no-credit course.
*Available by video conference. Contact the BTS office for details.
VBC: Valleydale Baptist Church – 2324 Valleydale Rd. 35244. Classes being on January 10
Old Testament I-III, New Testament I-II, and Systematic Theology I-VI do not need to be taken in any particular order.
Special December Course Offering:
|NT2753 Jude and 2 Peter||Olan Stubbs||Dec. 8-10||8:15 – 5:45||Briarwood Mountainview Building|
Calhoun County Campus
Extension Coordinator: Dennis Bradford 202-821-7409 email@example.com
Anniston Bible Church • 3230 Coleman Rd., Anniston, AL 36207
|OT1023||Old Testament III (Prophets & Wisdom books)||Dr. Stephen Schrader||Mon||5:30-7:30pm|
|ST3511||Survey of Systematic Theology||Dr. Vic Minish||Mon||7:30-9:30pm|
|HT4741||Reformation & Modern Church History||Rev. Bob St. John||Tue||5:30-7:30pm|
Extension Coordinator: Albert Jackson • 205-496-4133 • firstname.lastname@example.org
CCBC – Christian Chapel Bapt. Church, 500 W. Decatur St. 36723
|PT5637||Personal Evangelism||Rev. Major Burrell||Tue||5:30-7:30pm|
|ST3511||Survey of Systematic Theology||Rev. Major Burrell||Tue||7:30-9:30pm|
|OT1022||Old Testament II (Historical books & Prophets)||Rev. Fred Moore||Thu||5:30-7:30pm|
|NT2023||New Testament II (Romans-Revelation)||Rev. Fred Moore||Thu||7:30-9:30pm|
Extension Coordinator: Angela Smith • 334-797-8572 • email@example.com
Dothan Community Church 4390 Westgate 36303
|NT2525||New Testament Theology||Dr. Charles Lewis||Thu||5:30-7:30pm|
|OT1022||Old Testament II (Historical books & Prophets)||Rev. David Temples||Thu||7:30-9:30pm|
Extension Coodinator: Matt Ligon • 256.509.5822 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Connections Presbyterian Church 897 Capshaw Road. Madison, AL 35757
|ST3528||Systematic Theology III (Study of Christ)||Rev. Jackie Gaston||Jan.12-14||8:00am-5:00pm|
|HT4741||Reformation & Modern Church History||Rev. Jackie Gaston||Mon||5:30-7:30pm|
|NT2011||Beginning Greek I||Dr. Chris Bolt||Thu||5:30-7:30pm|
Extension Coordinator: Lydia Pickett • 334-284-5056 • email@example.com
Young Meadows Presbyterian Church • 5780 Vaughn Rd. 36116
|AP8521||Introduction to Apologetics||Rev. Billy Reinhardt||Mon||5:30-7:30pm|
|HT4741||Reformation & Modern Church History||Dr. Harrison Taylor||Tue||5:30-7:30pm|
|ST3526||Systematic Theology I (Study of God)||Rev. Lee Bloodworth||Tue||7:30-9:30pm|
|NT2022||New Testament I (Gospels-Acts)||Dr. Jim Simoneau||Thu||5:30-7:30pm|
Riverwood Presbyterian Church 501 Rice Valley Rd., N Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
|OT1022||Old Testament II||Dr. Bill Thetford||Tue||5:30-7:30pm|
|PT5602||Biblical Principles of Christian Education||Dr. Lombo Simba Lombo||Thu||5:30-7:30pm|