Fall Semester 2018 Schedule
September 4 – December 14
Registrations/Tuition due by September 7 – Drop/Add Period Ends September 14
Fall Break is October 8-12 / Thanksgiving Holiday is November 21-23
No classes December 5-7 for the Briarwood Walk Through Nativity
This schedule is subject to change.
NOTE: All courses are two credit hours unless otherwise noted.
Briarwood Presbyterian Church (Unless otherwise noted)
SUMMER INTENSIVE COURSE (New):
***Please note there is work to be completed before the first class.
Registration From for New Testament History and Theology.
|COURSE NUMBER||COURSE NAME||PROFESSOR||DAY||TIME||ROOM|
|NT2525||New Testament History and Theology||Mr. James Pinson||8/16 – 8/18||See Syllabus for Schedule||A201|
Fall Semester Schedule Click on course title for syllabus: Syllabi are posted as they are received
|COURSE #||COURSE NAME||PROFESSOR||DAY||TIME||ROOM|
|OT1021||Old Testament I (Genesis-Ruth) *||Rev. Kuna Griggs||Mon||6:00-8:00am||A201|
|BC7501||Introduction to Biblical Counseling (1)||Dr. Howard Eyrich||Mon||5:30-7:30pm||A201||V/C|
|NT2011||Beginning Greek I||Mr. Bruce Horsley||Mon||5:30-7:30pm||A202|
|ST3526||Systematic Theology I (Study of God)||Dr. Jeff Lowman||Mon||5:30-7:30pm||A209|
|DM9120||Research & Design||Dr. Thad James, Jr.||Mon||5:30-8:30pm||V/C|
|AP8521||Introduction to Apologetics||Dr. Matt Burford||Mon||7:30-9:30pm||A201||V/C|
|PT5712||Pedagogy in Christian Education||Dr. Dave Matthews||Mon||7:30-9:30pm||A202|
|PT5523||Ministry of the Word I (2)||Dr. Jeff Lowman||Mon||7:30-9:30pm||A209|
|PT5621||Conflict Resolution in the Church||Rev. Kuna Griggs||Tue||5:30-7:30pm||A201||V/C|
|BC7622||Biblical Approach to Addictions||Dr. Larry Dozier||Tue||5:30-7:30pm||A202||V/C|
|OT1526||Old Testament History & Theology||Rev. George Shamblin||Tue||5:30-7:30pm||A209|
|BC7505||Advanced Biblical Counseling (1)||Dr. Lou Priolo||Tue||6:15-8:35pm||VBC (3)|
|NT2022||New Testament I (Gospels -Acts) *||Dr. Richard Trucks||Tue||7:30-9:30pm||A201||V/C|
|BC7606||Using the Bible in Counseling (4)||Dr. Larry Dozier||Tue||7:30-9:30pm||A202|
|AP8531`||World Religions||Rev. Clete Hux||Tue||7:30-9:30pm||A209|
|NT2011||Beginning Greek I||Mr. Bill Stroup||Wed||6:00-8:00am||A201|
|OT1021||Old Testament I (Genesis-Ruth)*||Dr. Frank Barker||Wed||5:30-7:30pm||W203|
|OT8791||Temple Symbolism and Christ in the Old Testament (5)||Dr. Reeder & Guest Profs.||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||A201|
|BC7502||Counseling in the Local Church I||Dr. Steve Cloud||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||A209|
|PT5637||Personal Evangelism (6)||Dr. Barker/Rev. Allison||Wed||6:30-9:30pm||G101B|
|ST3528||Systematic Theology III (Christology)||Rev. Robert Alexander||Thu||9:00-11:00am||A201|
|PT5523||Ministry of the Word I (2)||Dr. Michael Reese||Thu||9:00-11:00am||A209|
|PT5631||Theology & Practice of Church Administration||Dr. Jay Haley||Thu||5:30-7:30pm||A201||V/C|
|PT7802||Clinical Research Development (7)||Dr. Thad James, Jr.||Thu||5:30-7:30pm||A202|
|PT5527||Communications||Dr. Jim Maples||Thu||5:30-7:30pm||A209|
|PT5710||Discipleship||Dr. Jay Haley||Thu||7:30-9:30pm||A201||V/C|
|HT4528||Early & Medieval Church History||Dr. Jim Maples||Thu||7:30-9:30pm||A209||V/C|
|NT2022||New Testament I (Gospels-Acts) *||Rev. Mike Jones||Fri||6:00-8:00am||A201|
|LOGOS||Logos Bible Software Training Seminar (8)||Dr. Thad James, Jr.||Sat. 9/22||8:30am-12:30pm||A201|
(1) BC7501 Intro to Biblical Counseling is a prerequisite for all Counseling courses except BC7630 Marriage & Family and BC7502 Counseling in the Local Church I.
(2) PT55223 Ministry of the Word I is interchangeable with PT5722 Expository Preaching I
(3) VBC: Valleydale Baptist Church* 2324 Valleydale Road Birmingham 35244 class will begin *September 4 and end November 13 (*Dates were changed and updated on 8/2/18).
(4) ST3550 Bible Interpretation is a prerequisite for BC7606 Using the Bible in Counseling
(5) OT8791 is offered as a tuition-free class for new studentrs or students who have been inactive for two-years or more. Please contact the seminary office for details.
(6) PT5537 Personal Evangelsim – Seminary students must also register with the Briarwood Evangelism Ministry contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-776-5301
(7) All Master of Arts in Ministry and Master of Arts in Apologetics students seeking to graduate in May 2019 are required to take PT7802 Clinical Research Development.
(8) Logos Bible Software Training Seminar – free to BTS students and graduates – must register in advance – Must have Logos Software loaded on laptop to participate.
VC: These courses are offered via video conference to extension campus and distance education students living outside of the Birmingham area. Space is limited and $25 video conference fee applies. For more information on video conference, please see the Summer Newsletter or contact our office. We are pleased to offer this easy to use service to extend our classroom experience and course offerings.
* Old Testament I-III, New Testament I-II and Systematic Theology I-VI do not need to be taken in any particular order.
Calhoun County Extension Campus
Meets at Anniston Bible Church: 320 Coleman Rd., Anniston, AL 36207
|OT1511||Beginning Hebrew I||Dr. Stephen Schrader||Mon||5:30-7:30pm|
|AP8532||Contemporary Cults||Dr. Vic Minish||Mon||7:30-9:30pm|
|BC7501||Introduction to Biblical Counseling||Rev. Brown & St. John||Thu||5:30-7:30pm|
Demopolis Extension Campus
Meets at Christian Chapel Baptist Church: 500 W. Decatur St. 36723
|PT5527||Communications||Rev. Major Burrell||Tues||5:30-7:30pm|
|PT5637||Personal Evangelism||Rev. Major Burrell||Tues||7:30-9:30pm|
|OT1021||Old Testament I (Genesis-Ruth) *||Rev. Fred Moore||Thu||5:30-7:30pm|
|NT2022||New Testament I (Gospels-Acts) *||Rev. Fred Moore||Thu||7:30-9:30pm|
Dothan Extension Campus
Meets at Westwood Presbyterian Church (WPC): 5480 W. Main
Dothan Community Church (DCC): 4390 Westgate 36303
|ST3511||Survey of Systematic Theology||Dr. Todd Baucum||Tue||5:30-7:30pm||WPC|
|OT1021||Old Testament I (Genesis-Ruth) *||Dr. Todd Baucum||Tue||7:30-9:30pm||WPC|
|PT5527||Communications I||Dr. Charles Lewis||Thu||5:30-7:30pm||DCC|
|PT5637||Personal Evangelism||Dr. Charles Lewis||Thu||7:30-9:30pm||DCC|
Huntsville Extension Campus
Meets at Westminster Presbyterian Church: 5744 Oakwood Rd NW, Huntsville, AL
|NT2022||New Testament I*||Dr. Blair Waddell||Thu||5:30-7:30pm|
Montgomery Extension Campus
Meets at Young Meadows Presbyterian Church: 5780 Vaughn Rd. 36116
Trinity Presbyterian Church: 1728 Hull St.
|ST3511||Survey of Systematic Theology||Rev. Lee Bloodworth||Mon||5:30-7:30pm|
|OT1021||Old Testament I (Genesis-Ruth)* (9)||Rev. Brannon Bowman||Tues||6:15-8:15pm||YMPC|
|HT4528||Early & Medieval Church History||Dr. Harrison Taylor||Wed||5:30-7:30pm||TPC|
|NT2022||New Testament I||Mr. Douglas Stelzig||Thu||7:30-9:30pm||YMPC|
(9) OT1021 in Montgomery is being offered tuition-free to new and returning inactive students. Returning inactive students are those who have not taken a class in 2 years or more. Contact the seminary office at 205-776-5356 for more information.
Tuscaloosa Extension Campus
No classes in Tuscaloosa this Fall. Students are encouraged to take a Video Conference or Distance Education Course.
Old Testament I-III, New Testament I-II, and Systematic Theology I-VI do not need to be taken in any particular order.